Introduction to Politics

Hello, my name is Aspen, I am a high school senior, I'm 18, and I'm a Republican in Washington state.
I come from a Christian home, and I am the oldest of four children with both of my parents still in the picture. My father owns a pawn shop a city up from where we live, and in a couple of years, I plan on working for him there. After my last high school year, I don't plan on going to a college, but I am excited to move to Greenland to write a novel or two!
This blog is about deconstructing American politics to make it simpler to understand.
I took a quiz to find out what side I was really on. http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-typology/
And I came out with the title of "Country First Conservatives". I know that a conservative is on the right side, meaning that I'm a Republican. Don't get me wrong, I share many beliefs with Liberals, so I'm not biased.
I found this information interesting, as I had never thought of myself as a Republican before, I only thought of myself as a Christian who followed my family's beliefs. But as it turns out, there is more to it than belief on someone else's words.
Liberals think about their morals; Equality and Fairness coupled with Care and Protection.
Conservatives think about their morals; Loyalty and Patriotism doubled with Respect for Authority along with Purity and Sanctity.
There are very different views in that comparison, but what about the people (like myself) who have views on both sides? In my quiz, I got the label of "Country First Conservatives", meaning that I really care about what happens in my home more than overseas. With this in mind, can you really be biased towards a Conservative if you're a Liberal, now?
As an empathetic person, I do feel strongly about what happens to people around me, and I also feel strongly toward my country. I understand that the government is doing everything in their power to fix the system. (And if they're not, I guess we are going to have to do something about that, won't we?)
I feel that it is necessary to help those in need, and those who are oppressed for their ethnicity, or social status. It's just wrong that some people feel the need to disrespect the rules put there for their own safety, because laws are there to protect us. Especially from our selves.

Nyhahaha~ as a slight bit of a invasion tactic I have decided to critique your post from the deepest depths of spaaaace! But to be more formal your introduction dosent spend time being wordy and at the same time explaining who you are, what your going to do in the future and what side you are on! But a little advice, everything and everyone has some sort of moral or bias, we can act and say we don't but everyone everywhere has some sort of intention. I think what you meant to say was your more open minded to many ideals and not just a closed hive-minded person. Thats all I gotta say! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete