Media
After some research on politics in the media, I found that stories are flipped upside-down and inside-out to reflect what the viewers want to see. A story may be true to some capacity, but with a political twist to it, either liberal views or conservative views, a true story could be butchered to get the viewers to react. It's normally known as "fake news".
I analyzed two news sources based on the same topic, and I noticed a trend going on, with a neutral lens.
I looked at MSNBC News (a leftist news station) on the topic of President Donald J. Trump making serious plans to actually change the Constitution of the United States of America.
A summary of what the video I watched said is; the President plans to sign an Executive Order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and un-authorized immigrants born on US soil.
- I do believe that this article is relevant and credible, mainly because the topic of conversation was based on an interview (a snippet of one) with Donald Trump saying the words directly.
- The article reflects current political news in context, as it mentions directly the 14th amendment.
- MSNBC proves their argument on why this is a bad idea with reasons why he can't, and they also try to make sense of the awful idea our President has.
My second source was Fox News (a rightist news station) on the same topic.
The summary is nearly the same; President Trump says that he wants to change the constitution on the 14th amendment.
- This source is also credible, but probably even more so than MSNBC because of their use of outside sources.
- This article also reflects the political status of our country as it is currently.
- And I do find this article's reasoning convincing because they use the same interview, and take the actual 14th amendment, and basically bash on Trump's idea.
Q: How might media influence an individual's beliefs?
A: As stated above, "A story may be true to some capacity, but with a political twist to it, either liberal views or conservative views, a true story could be butchered to get the viewers to react." It's biased on one side of an argument or the other, news will only appeal to people if it's what the people want to hear.
I analyzed two news sources based on the same topic, and I noticed a trend going on, with a neutral lens.
I looked at MSNBC News (a leftist news station) on the topic of President Donald J. Trump making serious plans to actually change the Constitution of the United States of America.
A summary of what the video I watched said is; the President plans to sign an Executive Order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and un-authorized immigrants born on US soil.
- I do believe that this article is relevant and credible, mainly because the topic of conversation was based on an interview (a snippet of one) with Donald Trump saying the words directly.
- The article reflects current political news in context, as it mentions directly the 14th amendment.
- MSNBC proves their argument on why this is a bad idea with reasons why he can't, and they also try to make sense of the awful idea our President has.
My second source was Fox News (a rightist news station) on the same topic.
The summary is nearly the same; President Trump says that he wants to change the constitution on the 14th amendment.
- This source is also credible, but probably even more so than MSNBC because of their use of outside sources.
- This article also reflects the political status of our country as it is currently.
- And I do find this article's reasoning convincing because they use the same interview, and take the actual 14th amendment, and basically bash on Trump's idea.
Q: How might media influence an individual's beliefs?
A: As stated above, "A story may be true to some capacity, but with a political twist to it, either liberal views or conservative views, a true story could be butchered to get the viewers to react." It's biased on one side of an argument or the other, news will only appeal to people if it's what the people want to hear.

I agree that articles do indeed twist and turn words to fit a specific narrative. What I find interesting, is that you considered outside sources (third party) to be more credible when used to fit that said specific narrative. A question I have is, What is the trend in these articles that you mentioned at the beginning? And how does this trend effect how people receive the ideology? Overall, good blog!
ReplyDelete